Since graduation is right around the corner, alumni from previous years gave out tips to help the seniors move from one stage of life to the next.
1. “You don’t need anything more than food, water, and shelter everything else is just for you; so don’t worry about how everyone else is living life.”
2. “Be smart with your money! That will mean a lot of the times not going to Chick Fil A and having to eat Ramen in your room… It’s a hard choice to make.”
3. “After my experience as an exchange student, first in the United States and now in Switzerland, I have realized that growing up often means taking chances and stepping out of your comfort zone. You can never let fear hold you back. Scary as this might seem, life starts after highschool. College allows you to finally discover who you want to be. The more people you meet and the more things you do, the more you will enjoy your years as an student.”
-Nicolás González Granado
4. “Some tips I would recommend for attending college is to be open minded to all the various types of organizations and clubs. This is how I met most of my close friends as of now actually.”
-Xavier Casares Jr.
5. “In college you have tons of free time, until you very suddenly don’t”
6. “College is about finding who you are and how you want to make the world a better place. Have fun and figure it out. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes because nobody is perfect. Make friends and try new things. Everyday is full of possibilities, so don’t be afraid to fail as long as you continue to try you’ll make it where you want to go.”
7. “Life after high school, whether it’s college or not, is a great opportunity to really figure yourself out. I spent the whole summer after graduating Leander reflecting on traits in my life that I wanted to keep or wanted to change once I attended college. I recommend taking time to do this process because it only makes attending college or whatever you do after high school marginally better. “
-Xavier Casares Jr.
8. “Get a hobby! Whether it’s working out, intramurals, or fishing, find something that will keep you active! (Secret to not gaining weight!)”
9. “Don’t let the little things get to you. everything happens for a reason, good and bad, so just take what life throws at you and go with it. Ya, it might suck at the time but looking back I’m incredibly thankful for everything that has happened because I wouldn’t have the job, friends, or “luxuries” that I have today if anything had played out any differently.”
10. “Be confident, get out of your comfort zone, and try new things! It’s a new season of your life, make it an adventure that you will always remember!”